Weight loss goal

Friday, April 2, 2010

Finding the Solution!

Yesterday I was busy making lists and figuring out what I want out of this Blog. I'm always gong ho for the first couple of weeks and then .....it all starts fall apart. So I figure since I'm aware of this problem then I should be able to find a solution. I want to have fun, take out the dreary from the process!

 I learned the last time I lost a big amount of weight that making "Goals" and "Journaling" are two of the most important things to keep one motivated...Also Having Support Groups. So I Sent out emails to a group of friends and family that I think will be a lot of help keeping me in line after the newness wears off. I think I'll call the group "Lady Sue's Court"...just an idea..nothing is for sure at this time..I also am part of a couple of other Weight Loss groups that I haven't been participating in much for reasons I'll probably go into later.

I have lost large amounts of weight twice in the last 15 years and gained back most of it both times..Each time I've learned a little more about losing and how to keep it off (losing is the easier part for me)...It is time I take all I know (and all my Support Groups have to give me) and put it into effect.

 I'm looking at what I want to be in the next 10 years (when I grow up..lol). My Mom is one of my inspirations, altho she is now having troubles with demetia, when she was in her 60's & 70's she was a very active woman...I don't think she started to slow down until she was in her late 70's. She has been a walker all her life..I think I take after her in this because for as long as I can remember I've Walked. I love my morning walks at the park (when I go). It not only helps me exercise, it helps me get myself together.  When I'm feeling bad about things a walk makes it all seem so much better. I haven't gone hiking much in the last couple of years because of the weight I've gained back. I can still do the hikes but I'm too slow to keep up with the younger (ages 30-40's) people (there are some people my age but they are VERY fit) in the hiking groups I'm in.  They all tell me that it's no problem but I get so frustrated so that I can't enjoy the hike.  I did hike on Christmas Day...and it was great...cold but great.

I'll be posting my wieght, measurements & goals in a few days (and probably pictures if I can get them) . I've got to get up the nerve first.  This is Step One of admitting to myself that I am not as fit as I think of myself...that's why I rarely look in mirrors anymore...it's like on the Biggest Loser...the first thing all the couples did this season was have a weigh-in in front of all their families and friends...scary but I can see why it is necessay. I'm thinking of doing the same thing tomorrow..

3 comments:

  1. Just to see it this works for you now. I know you've done this before. The last time I saw you, you were looking good. Keep at it, it's a constant battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you can lose the wieght. The last time I saw you, you were looking good. Too bad you're my cousin... Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cuz...I think you're definately good lookin too...alway have been..must be the Smith genes...lol.

    ReplyDelete