Weight loss goal

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fuel for my body!

Yesterday I was remined by Dave, a friend who was on eDiets with me a couple of years ago, of something I believed then and have forgotten.

"Sue - I remember when we were all on eDiets and you telling us that you needed to remember that food is just FUEL FOR YOUR BODY. Nothing more: it can't make you happy or destressed...it's just fuel...just thought i'd give you a friendly reminder! :-D"

I've been stressing about what I eat and moaning about how I can't control my "comfort" eating and putting off writing anything about eating because I felt that I wasn't ready to look closely at my eating habits...which I know are "out of control". Sure I can eat "good" one day but find excuses the rest of the week for eating foods that I know are Not what I need to be eating.

This morning while walking at the park I got to thinking about "FUEL FOR MY BODY" and comparing it to my truck..Now my famous "Pink Truck" is a lot like me..she's getting older (I bought her new back in 1995) and she's had some hard wear & tear and isn't in the best of shape..but I love this truck..
Due to my money situation I've been putting the cheapest fuel I can find in her and haven't been changing oil or tires on her like I should...About a month ago she started to running bad...cutting out on me and having no power..and my friend Tommy the mechanic took a look at her and basically told me that I need to get a new vechicle because there was too much wrong with her..I don't have the money to even think about buying a new one and besides like I said "I LOVE MY TRUCK" and I'm not ready to give her up YET...My SIL put used tires on her and changed her oil for me and I decided that I would just drive her until she quit on me...
But I also decided to start putting the better  fuel back in her too...After a couple of weeks of using the better grade fuel I noticed that she quit "cutting out" out on me and has more power...Not as much as she had when she was new but much better...it is costing me more but it's definately worth it if I can keep my truck longer.

So I got to thinking about what "Fuel" I put in my body and expect it to run the way I want it too. I know that when I eat refined sugars, I get heartburn and end up coughing alot...but I've convinced myself that the candies/cookies and sugar in my tea taste sooo good and is so much cheaper that it's okay to eat them now and then (truthfully all the time).  I also know that my body doesn't function as good with the bread/pasta/potatoes that consist of most of my diet and I KNOW this has contributed to my weight gain. I also "cut out" (run out of energy) and have no power.  Although it's cheaper(?) to eat these foods I would feel so much better if instead of the candies/cookies I have a piece of fruit (which I happen to like also)...fresh steamed veggies work wonders for me instead of the bread/pasta/potatoes...oh I'm not saying I can NEVER have these things, it's just that like my truck I run better on the better grade "fuel".  There are times I still use the cheaper fuel in my truck but I only put enough in it until I can get the better grade fuel..I never fill up with it.  So I know that I will still have times when I eat the "wrong" thing but IF I can get back into my mind that this is FUEL for my body then hopefully I will be conservative with it and get right back to eating the better grade "Fuel"..That way I can see changes in my body and how I feel...
Thanks to my friend Dave for reminding me and helping me get back on the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment