Weight loss goal

Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Morning Walk

I haven't been to the park for my walk since last Thursday.  I could give several excuses but the truth be told I could have gone even if it was in the evening...but I didn't.

I had trouble motivating myself to go this morning...I was in a VERY negative mood..thought of lots of reasons NOT to go...but I knew that once I got to the park and started walking that ALL would be good.

I got to my parking space (I always pick the same one by the playground and restroom) and sat in my truck listening to my radio show and trying to convince myself that I really wanted to get out and walk, Not turn around and go home.  Then I saw the "dark guy" that runs everyday...he does at least 4 turns around the lake and I figured he was on his first turn..he waved at me so I knew I had best get myself out and start walking..I have it figured how far I could get before I see him again..this time it would be just before I get to the "Big Bridge" about a mile...I'm still in a negative mood at this time and when I stopped to go the the bathroom before going..the restrooms were a mess (groundskeepers hadn't got there yet)...Now I ask you WHY do people trash restrooms? I decided not to use this one (it was that bad) and go to the one by the equestrian parking which is about a mile down the trail..As I started I saw one of the groundskeepers picking up all the trash from the past weekend...I do NOT understand why people leave their trash on the ground when there is trash containers through the park...it can't be that hard to carry it for a bit.  As I walk over the wooden bridge I start looking around and notice the sky is a beautiful blue..there is a fog lifting off from the lake and the birds are singing..I feel the stress and all the negative thoughts I'd been having lift and I rememebered why I love walking early in the morning...I got to the restroom and it was much better..not totally clean but good enough for me to go in...this one is NOT by the playground so I guess that goes to show that it must be "KIDS" that mess up public restrooms because surely Adults know better...
any way...As I get back on the trail I see the "lady with the 2 yellow labs"  (another regular) getting out her vehicle..she waves at me...I smile and wave back... There are only a few people who walk this early and most of them are regulars...as I get to the "big Bridge" the "dark Guy" goes by just like I thought...so I know I'm walking at a good pace.  I see my other "regualars", we say our good mornings...and I even stop after the "long Bridge" to talk with Mr. J & Mrs. A, a couple I've talked with before...I'm feeling pretty good by now...and wondering WHY I had such a hard time convincing myself to walk...
It's so much better to be in a Postitive mood than I negative mood...I'm going to work hard all day to stay that way...and then tomorrow I'll go back out there for another walk and dose of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment