Weight loss goal

Monday, April 5, 2010

Real Life Steps In

My mind is so scattered today...Trying to get myself together!
Yesterday I got a call (that threw me into a funk) from the Grandmother of Mike (the boy I take care of ) to tell me that he will be with his Mother all week and that I don't need to come. This is not good news since I only get paid for when I work.
The nature of both of my part time jobs are dependent on me working them..and since my second part time job is driving a bus for an after school program I had already knew that I won't be working this week during Spring Break,  but I was ok with that because I'm taking care of Morgan and that pretty much covers me..
My main part time job (the one I get more hours from) is taking care of Mike (18 yrs old) who has Cerebral Palsy who lives with his Grandmother. I go over in the morning and get him out of bed, dressed and off to school.(and when he doesn't go to school I stay with him for an extra couple of hours a day), then go back in the evening to exercise & give him his shower and put him to bed (there's more I do but this is the basics). I knew from the past experience that there was a possiblity that he might go to his Mom's for a couple of days but was hoping that I would be able to work at least a few days this week...No such luck!
Like a lot of people in this day and age I live pay check to pay check..Part time jobs do not pay much so I've budget myself very tightly..have limited myself to only things I absolutely cannot live without (or so I tell myself).  I've had a couple of extra expenses in the last couple of months that have pretty well wiped me out.
I know that I have to get a "real" (full time) job before this summer...altho my hours with  Mike can go up to 30 hrs a week..this is not enuff for me to live on. So I've been making excuses about getting out there and finding that job...more on this later.
Any way...Yesterday after I get the call, the first thing I do is go into the kitchen to find comfort food. This is one of my main problems as why I've gained the weight back...I've let my emotions run the show for so long that it's second nature..Yes I admit I am an Emotional Eater!  Even if I think there is nothing in the house that I can eat, I will find something!!!! I didn't want to think about what this set back means to me...It's not like eating will make it go away, or even make me feel better..but because I knew that I would have to come here and blog (threat I made to myself) I didn't...instead I went outside and tried to get my lawn mower started (which it won't) and then raked part of my front yard until I could figure out what I CAN do about making some monies this week. 
I've decided to have a Garage Sale..next weekend...First off understand that I have NEVER had a successful Garage/Yard Sale so I hate them!  I don't go to them because I feel that I have enuff junk already..and why would I want something that someone else doesn't. So why would anyone else want my junk.....But I've decided to bite the bullet..this will be a good way to get my garage cleaned out (something that has been needed for awhile)..I've been decluttering my house for the past year and everything I dont' want or need has gone into the garage so it is quite the mess...So after my walk this morning (with Morgan at the park) I will start going through the junk.
My Daughter has already donated a table & chairs, and Lady J has offered me a wing back chair...I will sell the freezer (works but I don't buy anything I need to freeze anymore) which I have to clean up...This is my plan to keep from going into a depression (which I usually do when something like this happens) and just sit around and read books or play on the computer all week...
Now that my mind is working better...I'm off for my morning walk.
More to come later

No comments:

Post a Comment