Weight loss goal

Sunday, November 14, 2010

6 miles at the park today!

As I expected my friend backed out on the walk at the park today...This isn't the first time she has done this so I was prepared. She is one of those overweight people who is always saying that she needs to get started and lose weight but doesn't like gyms...so I keep suggesting she should come to the park with me but today she cancelled because she had to go to breakfast at Cracker Barrel with her family...hmmm walk at the park or eat a big southern type breakfast? Well of course she went out for breakfast at noon...oh well, I'll just keep on inviting her and someday maybe she will actually join me...it's not like the park is out of her way...

So I went to the park by myself....got a little later start than I had planned because I started to watch Xmas movies on tv...I forced myself to turn it off after the first one and got in the truck and went...It was such a beautiful day out...I've been trying to increase my speed while walking on the treadmill at the gym to see if it will help me while I walk at the park...I really want to start going on hikes with the AOC group and be able to keep up with everyone..so today I decided to push myself and walked at a faster pace than I usually do..I didn't run/jog at all...I told myself that if I could do the one time around the lake (3 miles) pushing myself as much as I could then I would turn around and to the loop again at my usual pace...which made it 6 miles...by mile 5 my quads were starting to feel it...but I made it...I may not be losing any pounds but I feel that I am definitely getting more fit....

Day 5 Inspiration:  Overlook your flaws. Celebrate your strengths!

No comments:

Post a Comment