Weight loss goal

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I hate the word OBESE!

I watched "The Biggest Loser" last night and as I watch these "obese" people get on the scale to weigh themselves I wonder if our society is getting immune to the sight of really obese people and how is that affecting all of us.
Ten years ago these people would have never came out in the public looking like they do but now (for money and fame?) they bare it all on TV. Don't get me wrong I think it's great that they are finding help to get the bodies they need and want but is it entertainment or motivation for most people.

 I see rolls & rolls of fat on their bodies and think "Thank God that isn't me...I'm not that fat so I don't have anything to worry about". I see people at the store who are too "obese" to walk so they take the "electric cart" and fill it up with junk foods. And I think to myself...Thank God that isn't me...I'm not that fat so I don't have anything to worry about"...I see the "obese" woman with her chubby little kids in line at the grocery store, her cart full of junk foods and soda's and think to myself that I am so much better than she because see I don't buy cookies, cakes, donuts or soda's.
What does it matter IF I am 30, 40 , 50 or 100 pounds overweight I'm still "OBESE" !

Lord how I hate that word...From my Webster Dictionary...OBESE adj. Lat. obesus grown fat from eating... Get IT! It doesn't say you get OBESE from lack of exercise or that it's hereditary...that it's your Mom's fault that you're OBESE or that Life made you OBESE...NO! it says you've grown FAT from eating!!! So why am I still making excuses in what I eat...there are alot of people in this world who don't belong to the gym or work out daily but they do eat sensibly so they are not OBESE...I want to be one of those people...but because I'm OBESE and have GROWN FAT FROM EATING,  it will NEVER be easy for me..It will always be a struggle...I Will have to exercise to burn this extra fat off my body, I will have to watch my calories and I will have to drink my water...

Because the one thing I do know is that IF I accept that I'm OBESE then the possibility of my being as fat as those people on the show or the people in the grocery store will be come a reality and that is NOT acceptable to me.

1 comment:

  1. Lady Sue, I understand what you mean.

    In the UK obesity was never much of a problem. However, over the last five years or so, some incredibly big people have emerged. They say that what happens in the Stataes eventually works it's way to the UK...so fast food places and coffee shops are in every town and city now. Takeways are a way of life and it's obvious that junk food is what people are eating. I too didn't use to see obese people very often. Now, there are huge people waddling about. That sounds cruel and fattist? Nope. It's a reality. People are getting bigger and bigger because of the modern way of living.

    My Mum cooked every meal in the home..every evening. Now kids are fed junk and I think one of the most sad sights anywhere is a fat child. How on earth can you allow your child to have rolls of fat and not stop the rot????

    I am fat woman, and yes, I look at other fat women and part of me thinks I have to stop my own rot, my demise. I am fat. According to my BMI I am morbidly obese.

    I don't want to live a fat life and it's up to me to ensure that I don't. I have that choice. We all have that choice. Sometimes though, the effort of trying NOT to be fat is just too much, and when things become too much...some of us turn to food to make life feel better. It's a vicious circle, isn't it?

    We just have to keep reminding ourselves we have a choice, and if we want a more healthy body, we owe it to ourselves to make healthy choices in terms of food AND exercise. We have to make good choices every single day and I am guilty of forgetting that at times.

    ReplyDelete