Weight loss goal

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Looking Back!

The picture is of my daughter and me 30 years ago. I can remember thinking that I was so fat at 169 pounds. Little did I know that in the next 20 years I would gain over a hundred more pounds.  This picture was actually taken not long after my son had died and I remember that I didn't want to have the picture taken (I've always hated having my picture taken) but my sister had already paid for them and talked my into it..Thank God she did. When I look at the picture I don't see all the pain that I was in, just how lucky I was to have my daughter and how beautiful she was (and still is).
I know I will never look that young again but it would be nice to have at least have just one chin (LOL).

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lady Sue. I am so sorry about the loss of your son. How sad. You did well to smile in that picture. (Hugs)

    Yes, I look back at old photographs and wonde why on earth I used to be so critical of myself when I was so slim and young! Unbelievable. Why do so many women find flaws in their appearance. We really shouldn't.

    Ah well. Now is now and we are trying to lose the weight and improve our looks. Although I might moan and whine, I do try to remember that we are lovely, just as we are. Cue song. Learning to love ourselves is the greatest gift of all :)

    ReplyDelete