Weight loss goal

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Where does the time go?

Wow, It's been over 3 months since  I was last here. How time flies! I wish I could say I've been busy losing the extra weight but that would be a big fat lie...I've pretty much decided that the more I focus on my weight problem the more depressed I get so instead I've been focusing on other things...

Since the last time I was here I've had a birthday and turned 61 years young...I didn't go crazy over getting older. I've pretty much accepted that there isn't anything I can do to stop from getting old except to enjoy the life I have. My group Thus had our annual April Party where all of us (7 people) who have birthdays in April could celebrate. We had it at my friend's J house, who is spending the summer in Paris, and surprise, surprise, our theme this year was France...She had her house set up like we were in France..it was so much fun.

I'm still struggling to learn French. I think I've got it down and then I wake up in the morning and I can't remember hardly what I've learned. It's weird that I can read french but have a terrible time speaking it..I can remember what a word is when I read it but ask me what a word in English is and I can't remember...But I'm not giving up..The way I figure is that it took me many years to learn to speak English (as a child) and French is much harder...

I'm back playing racquetball (sort of). My friend "T" wanted to learn and she is also learning French and struggling with her weight so we decided to try something different. When we play racquetball we keep score in French and try to only talk in French..it can get pretty hilarious...

My younger sister came to Georgia for a month to visit her daughters (both live here) and see her new granddaughter. We visited a few times but probably not as much as we should have. I like seeing her but she also depresses me. She likes to live in the past and that's not what I am about anymore. She still acts like she is back in the 70's. I love her but I'm glad that she lives in Wyoming. I know that's not nice but that's me!

The job is going okay...Princess Val has her good days and her bad days...the worst part of my job is putting up with her Dad. He is so negative about everything that some days I just want to smack him in the head. I don't understand how people can live with that attitude...it's so hateful.

I'm headed for work now and then I'll hit the gym afterwards.
A la porchaine! Plus tard!

No comments:

Post a Comment