Weight loss goal

Sunday, January 2, 2011

I have all the tools!

There is no reason for me not to reach my goal. I have only myself to answer to if I fail (and I hate failure). As this new year begins I'm taking a look at what I need to do to get motivated to get fit and to stay that way once I get there.

I've set a goal to be able to fit into my size 12/14 pants (the ones I've packed away) by my birthday in April. To accomplish this I'm adding a new 12 week workout program (found online with ACE) to what I'm already doing as I feel that I haven't pushed myself as much as I can. Friday night I went over to my daughters and we went through the exercises & cool down stretches. I find that although I am "freakish" strong I am still very out of shape, especially as far as my core/abs and being able to do "floor" exercise (which I hate). We had a lot of laughs because my body just doesn't want to do some of these things. For instance the "Child Pose" which I've never been able to keep my butt down on my heels even when I was doing Pilate's at my "goal" weight. I just have too big of a butt! Today I typed up a workout sheet to help me keep on track for the next 4 weeks. My plan is to do these exercises & stretches 3 times a week in the morning alternating with a couple of days of doing my TaeBo tape. I will treat myself with going to the gym and lifting weights after work. I love feeling strong especially when I'm lifting weights. Like I said I think I'm "freakishly" strong. I can bench press 95-100 pounds.

The pants won't be my only motivation/reward. I've got my sight set on a 4 hr "Wild Edibles" class to learn the basics of identifying, collecting & preparing wild plants. It will also cover poisonous plants to avoid. This is something I've always been interested in but never had a chance to do. My outdoor group is doing this and a hike on my birthday in April but the sign up isn't until the first of March. The class is on a Saturday which I'm suppose to work but I'm promising myself that if I can stay on "plan" then I will take the day off and do this as a reward.

To reach my goal I know that what I really have to get under control is my diet/foods. For the past couple of weeks I've been out of control. Not just eating sweets but constantly putting something in my mouth whether I was hungry or not. I have the knowledge on what I can eat and get healthy. I have lots of cookbooks and am constantly looking for new healthy vegetarian recipes on line. The biggest challenge will to be to get back to eating fresh veggies and stay within my budget of $30-$40 a week for groceries.  I know for me it works best if I eat 5 instead of 3 small meals a day. I may not be able to afford the organic foods that I ate when I lost the weight before but I think I can still eat healthy with what I can afford..fresh & frozen veggies are good too.

I know that I get to discouraged when I TRY to keep written track of what I eat and calories but I'm pretty good at reading labels so I don't buy high calorie foods. I do have to watch my portion control. This morning I cleaned out my fridge and threw into my mulch bin all of the left over sweets (from Christmas) which included the rest of the brownies, eggnog fudge, eggnog/cherry/pecan quick bread and mini cheesecakes. I did save the small candy canes which I plan on sucking/eating when I have a craving to eat in between meals.
Hopefully by the time I run out of them I will have this mindless eating under control.

I still get emails from SparkPeople which gives me recipes & motivational articles. Also I check out daily other blogs for motivation. My daughter is trying to lose weight too and is doing the new workout also. So we will give each other motivation.

I can't think of anything else I need or could use (except more money) to get to my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment