Weight loss goal

Friday, June 25, 2010

It's the little things in life


I am feeling so much more positive these days and it's all due to taking 1 step at a time. Mostly trying to get myself back to being me.  For longer than I want to admit to I've been really lazy about keeping my kitchen clean...letting the dishes stack up, not putting things away...using the EXCUSE that if my kitchen isn't clean then I won't go in there and make something I don't need to be eating...Truthfully that's a bunch of malarkey...I've just been lazy and it didn't stop me from eating junk.

I can't get my dishwasher to run so last week I broke down and bought a small drainboard and have been making it a habit to clean the kitchen each night before going to bed (doing the dishes by hand..hmmm who would of thought)..I give myself 10 minutes and sometimes it doesn't even take that long..there is only me and since I don't want a bunch of dishes to wash it keeps me from making things I don't need.  NO MORE EXCUSES.

 Also notice all the veggies on the counter...being a vegetarian you would think that I eat alot of fresh veggies...well altho I love veggies, for quite some time now I haven't wanted to take the time or the effort to eat them..been buying frozen (nothing wrong with that but fresh is so much better) or just eating LOTS of carbs...using the "EXCUSE" that fresh is too expensive..Yay summer!  My Daughter & SIL have a garden this year and they gave me yellow squash & tomatoes..which I've been snacking on the last couple of days..I love raw yellow squash..I slice it and use hummus as a dip...and Tomato sandwhiches are the best ever..specially with some spinach..Oh I know I still have a long way to go to get back to eating the way I need to but I feel so much better physically & mentally these days.

I've been reading motivational stuff here online and printing out a few articles I find helpful and even though
I haven't lost any weight, I know that I need to set some definite Positive goals SOON.  Goals that I can reach..I just keep putting it off because I don't want to fail. But I am working on it!
I figure I'll just take it slow but want to keep moving FORWARD..
All those little things I'm doing (cleaning my closet, kitchen, eating fresh veggies) will add up and one day I'll stop and looks and see that Lady Sue is there..

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lady - great to see you back at blogging. I have thought of you so much and am glad to reconnect. I will add you to my blogroll and keep visiting - love and hugs. S.

    ReplyDelete