Weight loss goal

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Step 2. Fit into that dress.

Step 2. Fit into that dress..(fromSparkPeople.. 9 Hidden Reasons to Stay Motivated )
It's been hanging up in your closet for 2 years now, just waiting to be thrown on for a night on the town. All it takes is for you to go that extra mile and stay on track. Before you know it, those 2 years will be acient history.

Before I get into this let me clarify some things.

I'm trying to get my life back to a place that I can focus on losing the weight and getting myself back into shape..but before I can get serious about that I need to do some cleaning up. 

 I LOVE MY HOUSE!!!

For the past year I've gotten so lazy about my surrounding and I find that this is all part of what I call my "depression". I've never been a "clean" nut but I do like things neat and tidy...a little dust never bothers me but I don't like clutter..Up to a year ago I always made my bed first thing in the morning..it only takes a couple of mins because I don't usually move around alot in the night. But if I'm being Truthful with myself (and I'm striving for that) I've let my house inside and outside go to pot. I've become so lazy that I'm ashamed if anyone would see my place...

Since I've started this blog I've been working on keeping my bedroom straightened up (at least once a week a good cleaning)..and I've been doing better..actually have been doing a little bit at a time on getting the whole house back to where I can be proud of it again..did I tell you I LOVE MY HOUSE!

Ok now back to step 2 for me.

My dresser and closet in my bedroom were stuffed with clothes that I can NOT  wear comfortably anymore..all mixed in with clothes I can..so I spend a part of my morning looking at al these clothes sometimes trying them on (even if I know they are going to be too tight) which only depresses me..Then I give myself the beating up for not getting myself together enough to lose the weight so I can wear them. There are so many tops that I absolutely love and remember how good it felt to wear them.  I've left them in my closet to give me Motivation but for me it only works the opposite..And truthfully for me the clutter in the closet bothers me...

SO this morning I cleaned out my closet and dresser of ALL things that don't fit me RIGHT now. And let me tell you there was a bunch..

These are the clothes out of my dresser and
my summer tops out of the closet.
The picture below is most of the hangers that
I took clothes off from...
Then theres the skirts, dresses, pants and
jackets that I will hang in the other closets
in the house..

I don't think I will have to do much shopping
when I DO lose this extra weight.




What I have left in my closet is not much but it is Motivaing me to get back into those clothes that I do love..I will leave most of them on the bed in the extra room and hang them back up in my closet when they fit me..

This is MY Step 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment