Weight loss goal

Thursday, July 1, 2010

#8 Allow for Setbacks

from SparkPeople To 10 Strategies for Success  by Mike Kramer

Accept the fact right now that you will make mistakes, and that it can be a positive thing.  We are usually harder on ourselves that we are on anyone else we know.  Be your own #1 fan.  That means being supportive (instead of critical) when you stumble, and enjoy your wins (rather than ignoring your accomplishments) when you succeed.


Yesterday was my last day with Mike and surprizingly I find that I'm going to miss Mike!  I've spent the last year with him and although there were days that he drove me absolutly bonkers, there were also times when we had a lot of fun. I won't miss the hours, the house, the smell, the temper tantrums or the rest of the reasons I quit (which there were too many to list). I do feel like I improved Mike's life when I was there and this last year wasn't a setback but a learning experience (a win). It  gave me focus on what I want to do with my life as far as a career..I probably wouldn't have realized that I am a caregiver and this is what I am good at if not for Mike. I think I made the right choice in taking this new job/position and it's a step in the right direction for me. If it turns out to be a mistake/set back (which I don't feel it will be) then I will need to accept it and move on from there.

Right now I need to focus on Finding myself again and learning how to become my own #1 fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment