Weight loss goal

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Self Image

I'm having trouble today with what I see in the mirror. I like my profile picture but it was taken over 2 years ago and I wish I still look like that but the last couple of years have been hard on me. I'm not sure what I thought I would look like at 60 years old but I do know I want to look my best. I'm one of those people that don't like to look in mirrors and HATE having my picture taken (as all my friends & family will verify). I never see who I think I should. It's not so much that I look old, it's that I just don't look like I think I should!

I took this picture this morning with my cell phone while I was looking in the mirror. In my mind I had this really great smile and my eyes were twinkling and I felt like I looked good. I'm not sure what other people see. I do know that most people tell me I don't look my age..not sure if they are just saying that to be nice or if it's true..I'm not so concerned about looking my age...I just want to go back to looking good like I did a couple of years ago.. I know that I will never be a skinny model type..my body just won't accept that and it won't be me..SO WHO AM I?

Lady Sue's Self Image goals.  I want to be someone who's face shows that she is happy (I am a lot happier now than I was a couple of months ago). I also want to be active..to be able to do the things that I like..such as...not to be afraid to jump on the trampoline with my grandkids if I want.. (my Daughter's MIL, who is older than me, did this a couple of weeks ago at her house and I was so jealous but still afraid to make a fool of myself)..or worry about slowing people down on a hike. And of course I want a body that I don't have to be ashamed of when I look in the mirror.

This picture was taken a couple of months ago when I first decided that I was tired of being who I saw in the mirror and I needed to do something about it. I look tired and beat up.(and I was). I got my hair cut that day and that helped.  So It's not just about losing weight,(I still weigh the same DRAT) it's also about all the little things that make me who I am. Being happy with who I am..I'm working on it! And it seems to be working..

No comments:

Post a Comment