Weight loss goal

Thursday, July 15, 2010

I'm not losing any weight BUT

I still feel good about myself.

This last week has been a roller coaster for me but I'm not beating myself up for it.  After I posted here last I actually went to the refrigerator and instead of eating anything I could find..I cleaned it out instead..throwing away anything I knew that I didn't need...Didn't leave much but it worked for me..got my mind off from "mindless eating" and gave me something positive to do.

Sad to say but Tommy passed away the next morning. You hear all the words that people say to make it better..like "now he's in heaven and not in pain anymore" but it my heart still aches for his parents.
I went to the Funeral...lord how I hate funerals...but again it wasn't about me..I wanted to say my last good bye to Tommy.

My new job is GREAT!  In my mind I've named my "client" Princess Val..We are still on the "honeymoon". She has alot of problems..Turner Syndrome, which affects her size..she's 4'3" and weighs about 60-70 lbs. She's about the size of my Granddaughter who is 7 yrs old..It's hard to remember that she is in her 30's because she is also Autistic and has Tourettes Syndrome..Her days mostly consist of being in her rooms upstairs (like a princess in a tower), and I stay downstairs, (like a ogre or maybe a guard, a nice one I hope) checking on her regularly. Which is where I came up with her nickname...This past week she actually came downstairs to watch her movies with me a couple of times..Her favorite is "Sleeping Beauty". I love to hear her laugh...it's very infectious..She has tried to "play" me against her Dad already..I'm learning that she has a little "imp" in her..but I think I can handle her..It is so much better than my last job.  The house is clean and organized.  I eat my lunch there because they actually eat healthy. There are a couple of things that aren't perfect but I think I can handle it after the last year.

I worked out with Billy Blanks Tae Bo tapes a couple of times this past week...was happy with the results..I was afraid that since I haven't done them for so long that I wouldn't be able to keep up with the tapes or do all of the exercises..but I did...Whooo hooo....I've come to the conclusion that I do better if I have a man instructor (except Gilad..yech)...I've tried some of the programs on FIT TV but I just get irritated at the womens voices. What's with that?

I'm still working on making a plan for my "diet"..I know that the one thing that will help me get my eating under control is to journal...I always do good for a day or two then find excuses not to do it...this time I'm having a hard time convincing myself to even get started..I'm defeating myself before even starting..Something to work on...Looking for a good program that I can stick to..the ones I've tried in the past just didn't work..

I took my truck into the shop to get some work done on it today and instead of sitting there waiting for it I took a walk to the park..actually I was going to go to the library but they didn't open up till 11 am....which was only about an half mile away...I sat under an old oak tree and just listened to the birds and enjoyed the breeze through the trees...it was so nice and relaxing..I realized that this is something I need to do more of..Funny thing was that on my walk I had a guy pull over in his truck to see if I was broke down and needed help..you have got to love small towns....LOL....

Overall I'm pretty happy with myself...I feel that I've come a long way over the last couple of months...

No comments:

Post a Comment