Weight loss goal

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hiking on Sunday morning

I drove an hour to the other side of town this morning to go on a hike with the AOC (Atlanta Outdoor Club).
The hike was nice. It was next to the Chattahoochee River. Times like this I really wish I had a good camera.
It's good to get out and meet new people. There were 8 of us in this group. I like small groups. Nice people all ages. It was suppose to be an three hour hike but ended up only being 2 hrs because the group basically walked so fast. So after we got back to the parking lot I went down a different trail (a loop) by myself so got my three hours in..Lots of people out on these trails this morning, it would have been nicer if there hadn't been so many people but I got by. One of the reasons I picked this hike was because it started earlier than the other hike that were going on today. I love early morning when the fog is still on the water. Saw quite a few birds and one of the guys on the trip was knowledgeable about trees. A pretty good morning in all.

The Chattahoochee National Recreation Area (CNRA) where we were is in an area that I call "Ritzy" part of town..with lots of mansions and really fancy houses but I found myself being envious not of the houses but of the nice bike lanes on the roads. Where I live is more rural than anything else and if I try to go for walk/run around here I end up in a ditch because people will try to get as close to you as they can in their cars/trucks. I have to drive 20 mins to my favorite park and since I'm trying to save money I haven't been there for awhile. I miss it. I like the gym but I LOVE being outdoors on a beautiful morning like today.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good outing and good for you too.

    ReplyDelete