Weight loss goal

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A little of this and a little of that!

It's Tuesday and I have to go to work...hmmm...I guess I've actually gotten used to having Tues & Weds off..Like I said my job isn't too hard so I don't really mind.
I didn't get to the gym last night because Princess Val was having a very bad day. She couldn't focus, only wanted to jabber to herself and go around in circles (the Autism was in full force). I couldn't get her settled down even to eat..took me about 3 hrs to get her to eat a bowl of chicken/rice/broccoli (one of her favorites)..
Finally around 5 pm her Dad and I took her to the park and walked about a mile with her with each of us holding her hands so she couldn't wander..this seemed to calm her down a little. Then Dad drove us to McDonalds to get her a McFlurry and a Fish sandwich (which she ate..hooray). I don't eat fast foods so all I had was an iced tea. By the time we got back to their house is was late. The worry about this young lady not eating is that she only weighs about 60 pounds as is and can't afford not to eat. I wish I could give her some of my weight. I figure she burns about 2000 calories just because she never stays still. That's been one of my biggest problems at this new job is trying to figure out how to get enough calories into this girl to keep her from going into a chemical imbalance..normally she does fine with eating but since her schedule was all changed this past weekend, she is way off... Hopefully today she will be better.

So although I didn't get to the gym at least I got some exercise in the Walk. Won't be able to work out at the gym on Friday because I'm hosting a party at my place Friday night. Am I ready for that? NO!
I'm going to try a new recipe for Hummus Guacamole I found on SparkPeople.

Since I cleaned my windows this past weekend and the weather is so nice here I've left them opened. I love the fresh air coming in...would sleep better except that I now can hear my neighbors dog Scooby (a great Dane) barking..I usually don't hear any of the dogs in the neighborhood (and believe there are lots of them) but for some reason Scooby has been barking constantly for the past two days..in fact I can tell he is getting hoarse today. I'm not going to close my windows and hopefully I Will get used to his barking and will be able to block it out.

Got to get my stuff ready for work and head out..More later

No comments:

Post a Comment