Weight loss goal

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Age!

Truthfully I've never had a problem with my age until this year...Getting older has not bothered me and I've always been one to not be afraid to tell how old I am. I know that most women freak when they turn 50 years old..I didn't!!!  I don't know what it is about turning 60 that has got me obsessing about age.

I don't know how I'm suppose to dress or act now that I am a "senior citizen"..And WHY it all makes a difference! .I don't feel "OLD" most of the time unless I stop and think about it or I look at myself in mirror and see all the wrinkles and how much older I look now than I did just a year ago and I don't know WHY I aged so fast..It's scary when I look down at my hands and see old hands or I see the age spots appearing on my arms. I keep telling myself they are just BIG freckles and believe me I have always had a lot of freckles (they go with the red hair)...Then I worry about whether I'm looking like one of those "old ladies" that are trying to look young.

I spoke to my Mom who is in her 80 tonight (my weekly call to her) in Wyoming. She was the most active person I've ever known until about 5 years ago, and know she uses a walker and has short term memory loss due. She has always been a "Character"..
In fact my sister who checks on her daily posted this story on Face book:
I went over to my Moms and she didn't have her glasses on. When I asked where her glasses were, she said, "Oh! I wear glasses? I was seeing just fine until you told me I wear glasses."

This is how I feel about being old...I feel fine until I'm reminded that I'm old!!!

I worry that I shouldn't dye my hair so dark but when I've tried lighter colors in the past I've hated it...I felt drab and ugly..Let me just say that my hairdresser who I go to to get my hair cut loves the color that I dye my hair...and I do get a lot of compliments from strangers telling me they love the color. I've always been the type to go for bright and colorful colors..I love being different from everyone else..not that I want to stand out but hey if you have it "flaunt" it.  At least I'm not doing the "Flaming Red" hair anymore..but I do still drive a "Raspberry" (pink) color truck.

I went by the blogging name of Sexy Sue for years and just changed it to Lady Sue this past year because I'm uncomfortable with being Sexy right now...it's hard to be sexy when you weigh over 200 pounds and are 60 years old.

I think that's one of the reasons I've been lurking at other blogs, trying to find if there are any other 60+ olds out there going through the same thing I am. I do find a lot of 50 year olds, which is something I didn't find 5 years ago when I was blogging and I do enjoy their blogs..But..there's a big difference from being in your 50's and being in your 60's. I know 5 years ago I didn't have any of these worries. I figured that if people didn't like how I looked or how I acted they didn't have to look at me.  I now worry that I will embarrass my family..although I really think  I've broken them in years ago to expect the unexpected from me. The stories they tell.....Not going there!

Not sure where I'm going with this blog..just something that is bothering me so thought if I put it in writing I could get myself over the obsessing...Not sure it worked! LOL
I'm off to bed...More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment