Weight loss goal

Sunday, February 27, 2011

ALL THE SIGNS ARE THERE

I’m remembering what it was like to be “Obese” right after Lar passed away. All the pains and aggravations of being overweight and I’m realizing that that all the signs are there that I’m getting close to being right back where I was when I started this Long journey 8 years ago.

From July 2003 to October 2007 I went from weighing 235 pounds to 159 pounds (most of my weight loss I lost the first year and maintained for at least 2 years). I went from a size 22 pants to a size 10 (and they were getting too big). I felt so good.

Since October 2007 I have gained until I weighed-in today at 217 pounds and I put on size 16 pants…so although I’m not at my heaviest weight (which was 276 pounds back in 1998) I weigh more than I want to at this time in my life. If I don’t stop and change things today all the signs are there that I’m headed in the wrong direction.
REMEMBERING BACK TO 2003…. I hurt all over (especially my feet).
I could hardly walk…I remember going into WalMart using the cart from the parking lot to support myself because my feet and ankles hurt so much to walk. (My feet have started to hurt again, not as bad as then but still the Signs are there.)
My thighs rubbed together so bad that all of my pants had holes in the inseams, and I couldn’t were shorts or a skirt because then I would get a rash between the legs from sweating. (I’m back to this NOW..the Sign is There.)
When I looked down my belly was bigger than my boobs.
I wore "Granny Panties” and they would roll under my belly. (I’m back to this and I hate it…I want my sexy undies back)
I couldn’t catch my breath when I walked.
Going up a few stairs was pure agony on my knees.
Having the steering wheel up as far as it would go so I would fit behind it.

WHAT I DID IN 2003 TO CHANGE
I think the two things that helped me the most once I made up my mind that I wanted a new life was First, I signed up for a gym and hired a personal trainer. AND I stuck to it! I made myself go even when I didn’t want to. I started out easy, taking one day at a time. Second, I went on line and signed up for a support group (eDiets). I also started taking vitamins and supplements. I had a protein drink for breakfast every morning and drank at least 100 oz of water daily.

I'm hoping that by looking back at what I learned the last time I took off weight that I can do the same again.
I need to find WHY I gained this weight back this time..What I didn't do to keep it off...and WHY it isn't coming off this time although I've gone back to exercising at the gym.  I won't hire a PT this time..no monies, altho I think they are great for keeping a person on track and making sure my form is correct but after having one for 2 years, I feel that I pretty much know what I need to be doing at the gym..
I do know that my diet has changed..not so much of WHAT I eat but When I eat. When I lost the weight I was eating 5 small meals a day..now I eat 1-2  meals a day and snack in the evenings..

Need to pay attention to the signs and get my life back on track.
More later

No comments:

Post a Comment