Weight loss goal

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Morning and it's all about Exercise!

I'm taking care of my neighbors (Lady E) dog this week while she's in Florida.  Morgan (the dog) is my motivation for walking this weekend...We had a fun 3 mile walk yesterday morning at my favorite park. I even let her play in the water for a bit...then we sat on a hill and watched all the people until she dried off a bit..she did a lot of rolling in the grass and shaking...It was fun..I had planned on walking her around the neighborhood last night but got home from the "Daughter's"  and watched TV and came here and blogged instead. We'll be leaving for the park after I get done here. We went a little later yesterday and there were too many people with dogs for me..hopefully today being Easter there will be less...

I usually do ok on walking at the park in the morning on nice days during the week but weekends I find myself making excuses not to go. As I said this is my favorite park..it has a lake with a 3 mile trail around it..there are off trails but I enjoy the lake...a couple of good steep inclines and 2 restrooms situated in really good places (which is important when your my age lol)..

Next weekend I've got a date to walk with my BFF Lady M & (possibly) Lady D on Saturday so the only day I'll have to push myself is on Sunday.
Early this morning when I went to let Morgan out for a potty break I "borrowed" (which means I brought it to my house) Lady E's exercise bike (it was in her garage not being used...oh yeah, I cleared it with her first) and set it in my bedroom and tried it out for a couple of minutes...got a good leg burn but realized how much I've let myself get out of shape... I'm planning to get at least 20 mins (starting out) on it in the evenings..I do have a tv in there so that should give me extra exercise. The ultimate plan is to get where I feel comfortable to ride a "real" bike again..I have some friends in my THUS group who bought bikes last summer and talked about doing bike rides but I felt that I wouldn't be able to keep up with them..so now I'll be on the look out for a good used bike.  I do have one in the garage that my #1 niece gave me but it is pretty rusted and needs new tires...since I don't know the first thing about fixing bikes it has set there since last summer...easier (if I can afford it) to buy another one that is all ready to ride..

I figure I need (starting out) at least 1 1/2 hrs a day of exercise to burn the calories.which I should be able to do with walking and riding the bike but in case that isn't enough..I've also dug out my old vcr exercise tapes..3 Billy Blanks TaeBo , Pilates for Dummies,  Bellydance (this one put me to sleep before the girls voice is soooo monentous), and Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies.  I do not have a DVD player so will be on the lookout for more VCR tapes...there has to be someone out there that wants to get rid of them..I really would like to find one for Beginner's Yoga,  or something with meditation...I also have Bill Phillips Body for Life tapes (I still like his old program) and eDiets Dr. Skare motivation cd's (I use to listen to these in my sleep at night..maybe this time I'll listen to them while I'm awake LOL).
 Then there is mowing the lawn and taking care of the yard...I figure IF I ever get my lawn mower running then I will count this as exercise too..maybe I'll have the yard that I used too have again...the last few years it's looked pretty pitiful...

Ok got my laundry in the dryer and it's time for me to go take Morgan for that promised walk..
More to come later...
Happy Easter to All...

1 PM...back from our walk...dog is tired and I'm all sweaty but had a great walk. Yesterday Morgan was still full of energy when we got back so today we did a little running/jogging and I think I really wore her out...I know I'm ready for a rest.  Beautiful warm day out there..not too many people but did watch a family hunt for Easter Eggs while we sat on the same hill as yesterday cooling down after our walk.  Love this weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment