Weight loss goal

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Living on a Budget.

I've been blaming my weight gain on living with very little monies for years.  Although I think it is a big part, I don't think it is the only reason I gained 50 pounds in the last 3 years after working so hard to lose the weight.
When I think back to the first time I lost over 70 pounds, I did it by going to a doctor, who put me on supplements and a 1200 calorie a day diet. The only exercise I did was walking every day and riding a bike on the weekends and I lost the weight.. When I reached 179 (from 265 pounds) I decided that I could do it on my own without the doctors help.. Not long after that Larry got sick and I used that for an excuse to give up the walking/biking and started eating pretty much the way I ate before I lost the weight. I gained back up to 235 pounds.  Then after Larry passed away I lucked into a good job and with the little monies left from his life insurance I was able to join a gym and get a trainer and for 3 years I did good..Eating healthy, taking supplements and exercising. I started doing things I had only dreamed about for years..hiking/backpacking, playing racquetball, made some really good friends.  For 3 years I lived what I call "the good life".and went from 235 pounds to 165 pounds... I felt good about myself for the first time in a long time...Then life as it has a habit of doing, took a turn for the bad for me again..I quit my job for a "better" opportunity..which didn't work out and since then for one reason or another I've gone downhill...working part time jobs, quitting the gym, gave up the supplements (can't afford them) and eating alot of the wrong foods on a small budget . So here I sit weighing over 200 pounds and unhappy with myself..no monies to spend on doctors or gyms/trainers and I wonder if and How  I can get back to where I want to be with my weight and turn around my life again. Hell YES!!! I CAN!!!
If I've learned anything in this life, It is that life will always throw you a curve ball...just when you think it's all good..wham..life will try to knock you down.  I've picked myself up before and I know I can do it again. I've had a lot of practice and each time I've learned a little more..maybe this time I will figure out how not to let those knocks rule my life. Life is probably always going to be hard for me..but then I'm far from alone in this
So The challenge this time around will be to figure out how to "Eat Healthy 4 - 1 On a Budget" (I'm thinking this might be a good name for a book, if there isn't one already) and exercise at little or no cost. I'm a step ahead time around because I have a really strong support group to help me (more about them later)..
The exercise I think I've gotten figured out...just have to keep focused and motivated. 
Eating is going to be the real problem for me..but I have alot of resources to use. And I know I'll figure it out..it just might take some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment