Weight loss goal

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Party and nothing to Wear!

I'm going to my Annual April Party on Saturday...and I don't have anything to wear!

 Everything I have in the closet either doesn't fit me anymore or is not party wear. So I decided to stop off at Ross's (my fav place to shop when I lost all the weight 4 yrs ago) to see if I could get inspired...I only gave myself a half hour but I did find a couple of things to try on..
The first dress I tried on was a long summer dress..I liked it on the rack but I thought it made my butt look too big (which it is!)...the second one ...the only reason I picked it was I thought I could wear it to a job also..but it was too  low in the front..Then I tried on a white skirt which I really liked but it was a little tight around the butt area (really need to work on that area) but decided that with my black blouse I have.. it might work..so I put the other two away and went to stand in line...of course the lady in front of me had a return and a price check..and I realized I didn't have time to wait so I put the skirt back on the rack and left to go to work...
The more I thought about the first dress.. the more I liked it..it was colorful (more party like than a white skirt and black top) and a good style for me...and I remembered I have this little short sleeve jacket that would go good with it (that would hide my big butt some). It really was comfortable and cute...so I stopped back between jobs (since it was on the way) to see if I could find it again and buy it...
Of Course it wasn't there anymore..and there wasn't any other like it on the rack...so I guess it wasn't meant to be..and all the reasons I don't want the white skirt are coming into mind..Like ME wearing white is not a good idea...for some reason White NEVER stays clean on me for more than a minute...I attract dirt or spills when I'm wearing white... and I'm always consious of the fact that white is so see-through altho this one had a bottom layer to it so it wouldn't be so bad...and do I go commando or go out and buy a pair of white panties to go with it...There were several of these skirts on the rack so I have no fear that I will get to the store and there won't be any..
My other option is to go to another Ross's (there are 3 in my area) and check to see if maybe the dress I really liked it there or Do I just go buy the white skirt and stop worrying about how I look?
More Later

No comments:

Post a Comment