Weight loss goal

Friday, August 6, 2010

No More Negative Self Talk!


The other day my granddaughter Jessi said something that has gotten me thinking. I was telling her how beautiful she is when she said to me..."NO Grami I'm Ugly! You have to say I'm beautiful because you're my Grami. " and she truly believes it. She wasn't just saying it to get attention...she is only 7 years old and is already starting with the negative self talk. And where does she get it? I do it all the time...any time some one compliments me..I deny and find a negative thing to say..if someone says my hair is nice..I say it's a mess today.. I look in the mirror and tell myself that I look bad all the time..I notice my daughter (Jessi's Mom) does the same thing. Is this just a BAD habit? If so then I CAN and Will break myself of it...and thanks to http://operationbeautiful.com/ I now see that I'm not alone and there is help out there for me..I want to feel good about myself just how I am..I'm not waiting for the day that I have lost weight....
I love the post it note idea. I'm posting one on my mirror tonight. It's just hard for me to say that I'm Beautiful!!!..But maybe if I say enough I will eventually believe it...
Found this blog through operationbeautiful and it works for me..
http://www.healthforthewholeself.com/2010/08/be-your-own-best-friend/  great advise on how to become my own best friend..it's so true I wouldn't say any of the negative things I say to myself to my friends or to my daughter..From now on my best Friend is ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment