Weight loss goal

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

8 Signs to watch out for!

I'm looking (and finding) all the signs to watch out for that I am letting myself fall back into my old (and bad) habits again. Letting myself go there is NOT an option anymore so the signs will help me.

1. Not making my bed & picking up any clothes laying around in my bedroom when I first wake up.
    I had to force myself do these things yesterday...for too long I convinced myself that since no one 
    sees my bedroom that it didn't matter...But it does..I feel sooo much better when I go into that 
    room when I get home or at night before going to bed and seeing it all clean...I know that I had
    a good start to my day.
      
2. Not doing my dishes Daily! You would think this one would be an easy one for me since I grew
    up with dirty dishes. I should HATE having dirty dishes in my house. I remember my Mom hiding 
    dirty pots & pans in the oven when we had company.   I used to use the excuse that when my 
    kitchen was clean then I would bake and if all the dishes were  dirty then I couldn't.
    This was just an excuse !  Recently I quit using my dishwasher (it takes a week to fill it up)
    and bought a small drain tray and I try not to dirty more dishes than what will fit in it. And I've 
    been doing so good on keeping my dishes washed until this week when  I didn't do dishes for 3 
    days.  After leaving here this morning and realizing that I was falling back to my old ways, I
    washed up the dishes and cleaned my kitchen.. I did feel better after that. It was nice coming
    home to a clean kitchen tonight after the gym.
     
3.  Not going to the gym or going and not really giving it my all.  I've been sporadic lately on the 
     gym and it's crazy because I know that I feel so much better when I go to the gym and get a 
     good workout. Excuses are not accepted here any longer...

4.  Secluding myself from my friends & family.  I know people don't believe me when I tell them that
     I am happiest when I am by myself (especially if I'm reading...which I do a lot of). This is weird
     because I also love being around people especially when I'm feeling good about myself.
     I've been bad this past week about answering text msgs and phone calls...I really do hate talking
     on the phone. Not sure what's with that.
    
5.  Not caring about how I look.  Not sure where I'm going with this one..will have to do more
     thinking on it.

6.  Mindless eating.  This one I'm still working on...and endless problem for me.

7. Having trouble sleeping at night. A problem I've had for years when I've got things on my mind
    and it seems like tonight is one of those nights. I know that sleep helps but haven't figured out
    just how to get it.

8. Negative Self talk or just Plain being Negative about everything.  I promised myself that this
    blog IS going to be Positive. It got to where all I did was moan and groan about how bad things
    were on my last blog and I really don't want to go there with this one. I want to look for the
    positive side of EVERY Thing...










2 comments:

  1. Lady Sue - can I just say all the things you have mentioned, I am guilty of too. Your post really struck a chord with me.

    I have an upbeat side and a positive side I try to bring out when others are around, but deep down inside I have a huge "What's the point?" attitude which I have to fight. Some days I fight it more successfully than others. I too let things slip, even though I have people in my life. I too like to be by myself...and when you said you shy away from answering the phone - that was it! I AM you!:) I too don't like it when the phone rings. I don't like talking on the phone either.

    I really have to fight the doom and gloom some days. Most days I am successful..but there are days too when I just want to retire from the world and pull up the drawbridge. I am happy in my own world, doing it my way. I also know that when I neglect things I can bring myself right down and the problems spiral. I can give up on myself..even though I have all the positive counter retorts lined up in my brain. Ask anyone about me and they'd say I am chatty, good fun, and good company.

    I suspect we are not alone. My trying to lose weight is one way I am being good to myself, but I am finding it hard work.

    I am sending you a big hug through the ether. We may be woman of a certain age, but we are worth it...'it' being the efforts we make to brighten and better our worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fat Grump..I have the same reaction when I read your blog..I think "that's me". It is good to know that I'm not alone...
    Thank you for the hug..I needed it..and you are right..We are definatly Worth It.

    ReplyDelete