Weight loss goal

Friday, September 10, 2010

Looking Back to Sept. 11, 2006

I started blogging back in 2005. My blog was called Me, Myself & I. I started it after I had gone from 235 pounds to 179 pounds. I belonged to eDiets then and somewhere there hooked me on Skwigg's blog. One day after reading her I thought "this is a good thing. I think I want to do it" and I did for 5 years.  I went strong for a couple of years and when things went south for me I quit blogging because I felt I had become too negative, my life became too much of a struggle. The reason I started a new blog with a new name was because I'm not the same person I was back then. Although I still have Evil Eva and Moaning Mona as other personalities..I'm not Sexy Sue anymore and I'm not sure I ever will be. I like the idea of Lady Sue..it's a new and better ME!
I've been going back to read some of my old blogs to get some idea of where I was and the things I was doing (good and bad) to help me now. It's pretty interesting and sometimes down right Funny. I decided to post this one from 4 years ago just to remind myself where I was and where I am now...


Monday, September 11, 2006
From one extreme to the next

Last night as I sat at the Sports Bar watching football and drinking beer...I thought to MYSELF...here I am in a total differant atmosphere than I was 2 nights ago...2 nights ago I was hanging out with the "beautiful" people, drinking wine, listening to jazz and enjoying the Atlanta night life...now here I am hanging out with a bunch of crazy guys, getting rambutious, listening to runchy jokes in a bar that you can hardly hear yourself in...and I'm totally enjoying myself... I love the fact that my life is so unprediticable...and so full of doing differant things... A few months ago I was bemoaning to MYSELF that I didn't do anything but go to the gym & work...Not any more....

The only thing I could wish for now is if I would win the lottery so I could afford to do ALL the things that I would love to do...but I'm finding out that there is STILL alot that I can do that doesn't cost a lot of monies...all you have to do is surround yourself with people that like to do things...(I still haven't won the lottery and monies are still tight for me)

Some of the things that we are talking about doing is:

rollerskating/blading...(too many years I worried about being to fat to do this..I used to love rollerskating when I was young)  (I think I'll have to pass on this one..not interested, at least not this year)

bowling (we did this and had a blast)

White Water Rafting (ok so this one might be a little over the top for me, since I don't swim but if the group really wants to do it...I'll be there) (ok, I've done this one twice since I wrote this..the third time we went I backed out, just did not have a good feeling about it..And the raft flipped over...TG I listened to my intuition.)

going to 6 Flags to ride the rollercoasters ( I would still like to do this one)

Go to a play (not sure which one yet) (ditto)

Things I would like to do if I had monies

Go on a cruise (I think I'm over this one...but I would like to travel to other countries)

Skydive (yeah, I know I'm afraid of heights but I really need to get over that fear too) (I did a Tandem Skydive last year and it was a HOOT..I would do it again in a second if I had the monies)

Learn to rock climb (I might do this one anyway next year after I get over my fear of heights) (nope..don't see this one happening)

Go to the symphony/opera (all dressed to the max) (I had forgot about this one..Yes, I would still like to do it..it fits Lady Sue perfectly)

Go to a football game in a differant city than Atlanta (not into football at all anymore...maybe a Jazz Festival would be fun though)

Losing Larry and living through the terror of 9/11 has made me want to live life to the fullest...

Life can be cut short so easy and so fast...who knows how long any of us have...but as long as I'm able I want to be able to say "I Did it the best that I could"...

I was so much more together then and I want that feeling back..I want to do the best that I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment