Weight loss goal

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My day off yesterday!

Good Morning.
I had a good day yesterday (for me). 
It didn't start out that way because at 3:30 am I was fighting to sleep..I've learned over the years it's best just to get up and do something when this happens to me. So I got up out of bed and came here. I blogged and visited my fav blogs, which got back me on track.

Then I fixed myself a small egg burrito (an egg w spinach & onion wrapped in a fajita size tortilla), a half an avacado and a glass of Mango juice for breakfast before leaving the house. I had an appointment at 10:30 to get my hair trimmed for the Wedding I'm going to this Saturday. I want to look my best!

Before I left the house I decided that since the shop is not that far from the gym that I would head over to it when I got done with my hair so I dressed in my workout clothes..that way I couldn't make an excuse. I am determined to get some exercise on my days off, no excuses..it was between going to the gym or going to the park and doing 3 miles. I decided on the gym because by the time I got done at the shop it was hot outside..and although I would rather walk outside than do the treadmill, I do love lifting weights and I need to work on my core and shoulders. I started off with 30 mins on the treadmill at 7% incline walking at 4.3...this is as good as it gets for me..I was totally sweaty when I got done..Then I hit the weight room..it's amazes me that it seems like no matter what time of the day I go to the gym I run into someone I knew before. Yesterday I ran into 3 old friends...spent some time catching up but still got in a good workout.

I stopped at WallyWorld after the gym..one of the things I love about WallyWorld is that I can go there even in my gym clothes and all sweaty and no one seems to notice..to pick up a couple of cards..a wedding card and a birthday card for Princess Val (her b'day is Thurs). While I was there I found a couple of really cute newborn outfits on sale for my New grandNiece that will be born in November and a nice candle (also on sale)  for the wedding couple (I can't afford much right now). Looked at buying a candy bar (I was hungry) but decided that a banana would do just as well...I actually like banana's IF they don't have any brown spots on them..for that reason I usually only buy one or two at a time, if I buy more than that I end up throwing them out. So buying a banana was a "treat" for me..and I ate it on my way home in the truck..took care of that craving for sweets!
Anyway I felt pretty good about taking care of three people on my list and staying within my budget (kind of...I'll have to figure out what I can do without in the next couple of weeks...not going to worry about it!)..One of the reasons (besides it's cheap) I go to WallyWorld (why do I feel I need to be ashamed I go there?) is because I really hate shopping and I can get everything at one stop. I parked at the end of the parking lot (I always do) so I got an extra walk in.

I then came home ate some lunch, took a shower and read some of my book. For supper I decided to fix me some spaghetti. I use whole grain spaghetti which I really like..I don't like tomato sauce on it though. I had some mushrooms, celery, onion and lots of garlic in olive oil to cover it with (no cheese)...it was so yummy with a half a glass of wine. I can't fix just one serving when I cook..I try to cut back on the amount I fix but since I NEVER measure anything and cook as I go, using whatever I have in the kitchen, it always ends up being more than I can or should eat at one time..(I hate leftovers, this is why I don't fix all my meals for the week at one time like some of my friends do). After having one plate of this yummy stuff I went back into the kitchen to fix me a cup of tea and as I was taking another bite of the speghetti that was leftover in the pan..I made myself STOP! and put the rest away covered in the refrigerator..(I had it for breakfast this morning and I'm so satisfied...;-)....
After that I watched America's Got Talent..I think they had the best talent this year than they ever have in the past..I liked Prince Poppycock but was disappointed in his routine last night..I think he blew it totally..what I like about him was his humor in his songs..last night he was way to serious..My all time Favorite is Michael Grimm...I now that my Daughter and G'son voted for him. I hope he wins..
After that was over I turned off the tv and finished my book..then went to bed.
All in All it was a Good day for me..

Today I need to go to the Dollar Store and buy some wrapping paper and since it's over by the gyms other location (the one I worked at for a year) I will stop by there and do the StairMonster and maybe some abs (if my stomach isn't giving me fits by then)..then maybe stop by and see a friend who I haven't had much time to see lately (she's on my way home)...Oh yeah before I do any of that I need to go to the AOC site and sign up for a hike for next Weds evening.

1 comment:

  1. It's great you're getting to the gym! Workouts have been irregular for me but that's got to change!

    ReplyDelete