Weight loss goal

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Big Talk..now let's see some Action!

As I said before..I can talk big but when it comes to actually doing the deed I seem to fail at it.

I woke up this morning with the great idea of when I go to the gym tonight after work (notice I said When not IF) I will walk/run 3 miles on the treadmill. Now for some reason I can do 3 miles (45 mins) at the park (my problem there is actually going to the park...once I'm there no problem) but I can barely stand to do 1 1/2 miles (30 mins) on the treadmill. That 20 mins on the treadmill seems like forever. I don't listen to music because it gives me a headache. I've never been able to do more than 40 mins on a treadmill even in my "best" days when I was in good shape...not because my body couldn't do it but I just can't seem to get my mind wrapped around it.

So the challenge for me today is that I WILL get on that treadmill tonight after work and I will do 3 miles no matter how long it takes. My plan is not to do any weight tonight (I might do some ab work, no promises, I'll have to see how I feel). I did lower body last night at the gym (no cardio because I forgot my socks. EXCUSE?) and want to save my upper body for tomorrow night since so I can workout in the free weight area. I've got a b'day party to go to on Saturday night so this will be my only chance for the rest of this week.
I know I need to up my cardio anyway..

I will be back to record exactly what I do...this will keep my honest.
more later

No comments:

Post a Comment