Weight loss goal

Friday, December 17, 2010

My Christmas list!

OK there are material things I want for Christmas (like a digital camera and a fire pit) but the things I really NEED are:
Willpower to get off sugar totally (again) and to stay off from it. I'm so addicted to sugar all it takes is one taste and then I crave it all the time. I've tried the substitutes, they either give me diarrhea, are too costly or don't satisfy my need. Honey comes the closest and I do use it in somethings.

Core Strength.. I find myself slouching all the time and I am constantly reminding myself to pull my shoulders back and sit up straight. It feels good to stretch out my back by sitting up straight and I'm not sure why I end up slouching. I see myself in pictures and I realize that I'm slouching and it makes me look all that much fatter.
When I stand or sit straight I actually look and feel thinner.

Positive Self Image... enough said!

Commitment...and not to the loony bin..I need to find the commitment that I had in 2003 to lose this weight and get myself fit. It was hard work but I did it then and I know I can do it again.

A short list (I'm not greedy) but I so wish I could wake up in the morning and find all of them in my life!

Wait a minute!!!!  I know that somewhere in me I have ALL of these things already. I just have to dig deep,  take them out of storage, dust them off and use them....

2 comments:

  1. "I know that somewhere in me I have ALL of these things already. I just have to dig deep, take them out of storage, dust them off and use them...."

    Same here Lady Sue. I wrote a while ago about how much easier it is to stay as we are than to work at trying to change things - for the better. I need real commitment. Perhaps the positive self-image would automatically be given if we did our best, long term?

    (You have just made me sit up straight at my computer! :) I slouch too.)

    Yes, we have to keep working at it...Part of me wants to give up, but I wouldn't like myself if I did. Ah well...every day, not just Christmas Day is a new day and a chance to do better. I want Santa to bring me an ever-flowing stream of determination :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah..DETERMINATION..that's a big one for me too. Let me add that to my list!

    ReplyDelete