Weight loss goal

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Quick update!

I did go to the gym on Thursday night but I got there later than I usually do (I worked late) and since I've been thinking about doing a class (I have done Kickboxing & Hip Hop classes a couple of year ago when I lost all my weight) I decided to check into the Cardio Kickboxing Class since it was just about to begin.
This was a big mistake for me...first off the instructor comes in and doesn't even say anything to anyone, just goes over to the stereo and starts his music, LOUD, even if he did say anything you couldn't hear him because the music was so LOUD. I guess I'm definitely getting older because although I don't mind loud music in my truck (that way I don't hear all the noise it makes) Loud music at the gym gives me a headache....Then he starts right in on jumping up and down and swinging his arms (I think it was suppose to be an upper cut)..now this may have been his warm up but it wasn't any moves I had ever seem before in any class I've taken...and it wasn't what I call a warm up but since I decided that I would try this class I went ahead and started jumping up & down, only to land wrong on my right foot and my ankle went out on me...I decided this was a sign that I wasn't meant to do this class..so I walked out on the class and went upstairs to the treadmill and tried to walk/run and made it for a mile before my ankle totally gave out on me..I finished up the night on the recumbent bike, did 3 miles, but even that hurt my ankle...
My ankle was fine yesterday but my legs were killing me from the workout on Weds night...I did go to the gym and did an upper body workout but no cardio...
It seems that I come up with these big plans but never carry them out all the way..not sure how to change this but will keep working on it..I know that I need to up my cardio!
Today is Saturday and I have a b'day party for my nephew in law who turns 45 this month so that means no gym tonight.... I will go after work..no worries about over eating, they will probably not have any foods that I like but it will be good to visit with people I don't see often anymore...
more later

1 comment:

  1. Lady Sue...just reading back a bit and I am full of admiration.

    You are keeping up with the exercise and you are finding your inner slave-driver! :) Good for you. You don't allow your determination to falter. Sorry your class was a bit of a waste of time. He didn't sound like the best instructor! (Y'see, if I'd wandered in there to give it a go, I'd have left terrified, feeling completely inadequate and that would have been that. I'd have gone home...never to return to the gym.)

    It's like you said in a few posts back. Once you are in the park you are fine. It's getting there that is the hardest part. I fully understand that. I am exactly the same. If I resolve to get to the park I could walk for half a day, no worries.

    I like the tough talking to you give yourself. No escape route. Once you commit and get there, the exercise isn't too bad. I just have to commit. It's so easy to back out - to fail yourself!

    Thanks for giving me stuff to ponder. (I need a drill sergeant to bellow at me and force me to start...to just start caring again.)

    ReplyDelete