Weight loss goal

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Wishes!

I'm a firm believer in that although life can be hard for me, there is always some good in my life too.

As I sat at my friend's house last night drinking a glass of wine, visiting with 2 of my good friends, we were discussing another friend who lost her Father a couple of months ago and how she is having such a hard time dealing with it.  I feel for this friend and wish I could give her some words that would make it all better for her. This time of season seems like it is so much harder to deal with loss.

 I lost my son in November 1978 and I remember that 1st Christmas without him. I was lucky that I had my daughter and niece to put my focus on. I had no money that year but I had a sewing machine and a bag of material that had been given to me. So I made the girls pj's & nightgowns and for their dolls I made outfits with the scraps of material. Some friends gave me an old wagon that I repainted for my daughter. My daughter was only five years old that Christmas and she loved the wagon and played with her doll and clothes for a long time. Focusing on what I did have and keeping busy got me through that Christmas...I guess what I'm trying to say here is that although it was a hard Christmas for me, it also holds good memories. Life is like that! It will hand you the hard times but also give you the good if you will only reach out and take it.
Sometimes I get so wrapped up in what I DON'T have I forget what I DO have.  The material things seem to override all the other things in our lives. Right now, this morning, if I could be given One wish for Christmas, I wouldn't wish for money (although that would be nice to have)...I would wish that my friend and all the other's like her could find peace within themselves.

I look around at my family and friends and think how Lucky I am to have them. They are supportive of me and accept me just as I am (not always an easy thing). My Christmas wish for each of them is that they can   look for the good in their lives and only find happiness.

On the Positive Side: Although I couldn't go to the gym last, I did do my TaeBo workout at home in the morning before going to work (I'll be able to go the gym tonight).  Also I worked a couple of hours extra Tues night while Val's Dad went out to an event and got paid extra monies and he's asked me if I could stay extra on Friday night also. This gives me money to spend on Christmas gifts I wouldn't otherwise be able to afford this year. All is Good!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through a comment on 30 bucks a week.
    What a beautiful post! I lost my dad this year and we were incredibly close so its hard. Thank you for the reminder of the good! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post Sue - you are an inspiration - love and light - Suzann xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete