Weight loss goal

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Brrrrr

I think winter has arrived in Georgia. I closed all of my windows and turned on the heat this week. I even brought my one plant I keep outside in the summer into the house because there was a freeze warning. (I will move it into the garage tomorrow since it always tries to die on me in the house. I've had this plant for over 7 years and we go through the same thing every year)..that's how I know when to drag out my winter clothes.
Yep...it's time for the big baggy sweatshirts which I used to think hid all of my fatty parts on my body..WRONG! Who am I kidding! Big only makes me look bigger!
I'm lucky I have a job where I can wear anything I want so I don't HAVE to dress up like if I had an office job (altho from what I can see most office jobs are pretty casual anymore). So I'm looking in my closet this morning trying to decide what to wear and decided to dress up a little..I like to do this for ME every once in awhile...it makes me feel good. I found a blouse that I don't wear often because it's long sleeves (I have short arms and long sleeve always go down to my knuckles) and it's the type that you can roll the sleeve up..but I decided that I like this blouse and I want to wear it anyway. Then I put on one of my favorite necklaces (I haven't been wearing necklaces at all for a while because I think it draws attention to my double chins and "wattle" because I like Chokers!) which  actually fits me better now than the last time I tried it on...whoohooo. I feel pretty today and am ready to face anything...

I made the best ever Wild Rice & Mushroom soup last night and will take it to work for lunch with me (actually I made a big pot so will have enough for a few days). I have my gym bag packed ready to hit the gym today (didn't go last night) and work out with the free weights (my favorite)...I just remembered that I hadn't taken my vitamins & supplements yet so Stopped everything and went and took them. I've had my oatmeal/cranberries for breakfast.  I'm off work tomorrow and the next day...I plan on going to the park for another great walk and will hopefully finish up with my bookcases...I have 5 of them done, which only leaves 4 left (I'm not going to do my cookbooks which is a whole nother bookcase at this time)..The sun is shining and I feel GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment