Weight loss goal

Monday, November 8, 2010

Who knew WalMart was a "pick up" place?

I've been a widow going on 8 years and altho I did do some dating a couple of years ago, I haven't dated since I gained the weight back. In fact I tell everyone that I'm not interested in finding someone to date. The truth is I don't think there is anyone out there that would want me and I'm not taking the chance of getting the brush off because I'm not only too old but too fat. I think what I miss the most is the flirting.  When I lost all my weight 5 yrs ago, I felt so good about myself that I would flirt with everyone. Now I just feel like a wall flower. 
What lead me to thinking about dating again is...I'm off work today and I went to Wally World to do my shopping this afternoon.  Well when I got there I noticed several older (like gray haired) ladies all decked out going into the store. I looked around and damn if there weren't a bunch of older men doing their grocery shopping..you could tell they were single by the little they had in their cart. In fact while in the canned beans section one older gentleman actually said to me that he was looking for a smaller can of chili because it was for just him since he lives by himself.  I'm not sure if he was flirting with me or not. LOL...There were several men that looked to be in their early 60's..I didn't realize this was a "pick up" place but there seemed to be some flirting going on over the fresh fruit between several of those older ladies & gents. It was funny. Who knew !
Most of the time I'm okay with living by myself and I really don't want to go through all the trouble "breaking
in" someone. I have girlfriends that I go out with. Also I meet people through my AOC group, although most of them are in their 30's & 40's. And then if I really want "eye candy" I check out the guys at the gym. So it's not like I'm lonely or desperate for someone..it's just that I would like Not to worry that I couldn't attract someone if I saw someone I wanted because of my size.
I can't stop getting older but I can stop being "fat".
Didn't do much on my day's off except working on cataloging all my books (still)...got a lot of exercise bending down and picking up books...stretching to the top of the bookcases..and carrying books from one room to the other...lots of squats! 
Back to work and the gym tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how we lose confidence when we gain weight, isn't it? We automatically think no one will be interested in us.

    Couple that with ageing and we can almost become assexual...invisible. We lose faith in our ability to be attractive to anyone. However, just as you have been sorting out your books, we know we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. I think we appreciate this the older we get. Beauty is more than skin deep. I am sure there'd be lots of men interested in a smart, thoughtful lady like you.

    Like you, I am fine on my own. I have my man but really, I like him living in his own place to leave me freedom (and lack of compromise, consideration, etc, etc) to live in mine.

    One supermarket near me used to do a date nigt for singles. It's often the sad people with meals for one in their baskets that flirt best over the frozen peas :)

    ReplyDelete