Weight loss goal

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm committing myself!

Ok I've had enough of my wishy washy ways...I'm tired of not really Committing myself to losing any weight..I've been telling myself that it doesn't matter if I lose weight this week...that I didn't gain it overnight so I won't lose it overnight...BullShit!..this is just an excuse to myself so I don't feel like I'm a failure...I know that if I really commit I will lose this weight NOW...I've done it before and I CAN do it again! But if I keep up the way I've been going the last few months I WON'T see the results I want to see! To do that I have to get off my fat butt and COMMIT!  This is my pep talk to myself today!

So I'm going to LOSE 3.4 pounds this week...by this time next Tuesday I will weigh 210 or I will know Why!
I got up this morning and did my TaeBo tape..worked up a good sweat..Took the last of my yummy Wild Rice/Mushroom/Spinach soup and grapes to work for lunch and a snack..Then after work I went to the gym and worked up another good sweat...I know that To lose this 3.4 pounds I'm going to have to work hard this week..watch what I eat (plan on lots of healthy soups) and drink water, water and more water! My head is still congested so I'm doing alot of breathing through my mouth, which is dry and the more water I drink the thirstier I get..What gives with that?

In reorganizing and cataloging my books I found one that I had on my shelf that I'm rereading (although I don't remember reading it the first time). It was written in the 90's by Alice Faye (an actress/singer from the 30's & 40's). She was in her 70's when she wrote the book which is "Growing Older, Staying Younger". She died at the age of 83 in 1998. I haven't gotten that far into it yet but so far I like it..She's all about fitness and staying young (as in attitude and body)...I always feel that if I can learn at least one thing that I can use from these kind of books than I'm ahead of the game. One of the things that she said that hit home for me was that as a young woman she didn't have self confidence in herself but after she reached her 50's she found that confidence...I've always had a problem with Self confidence...so maybe there's still hope for me...

I do have confidence that I can lose this 3 pounds this week..(I keep thinking if I say enough it will come true)..
 Now for the mushy stuff...in one of the books I found a book mark cut out from a magazine (possibly Woman's World I know I used to read it alot)...It is titled 7 Days of Inspiration..so here goes ..(.I'll add one each day of this week)...
Day 1..Think good thoughts about yourself. They're all true!

No comments:

Post a Comment