Weight loss goal

Monday, November 29, 2010

What to do on my day off?

It's finally cold out here in Georgia...Not bad for the end of November..but the cold makes me just want to snuggle in on my day off.

So far today..I've done my load of laundry. Made my new favorite Wild Rice with Mushrooms soup for the week. Experimented with an old recipe (Ham Roll with Cheese Sauce) and came up with a new one using what I have in the cupboard..I call it Salmon Filled Pretzel Bites with White Cheese Dipping Sauce (whew what a mouthful)...It turned out really tasty (too bad I don't have someone to share it with)so I  typed up exactly how I made it and put it in a file in my documents for future use. I'm always experimenting with what I have in the cupboard and making up recipes, then I can never remember how I did it and can't fix it again..but this time I've got it figured out.  I figure it will be a good appetizer to take if I have a party to go to this next month... Still need to work on the dipping sauce since I don't use milk (don't even have any in the house) I used vegetable broth (it wasn't bad just missing something).

I had to put in a phone call to payroll because my check this week was shorted. After sitting on hold for over 20 mins (using up minutes on my cell phone) I actually got a hold of someone and hopefully we have it all straightened out. I feel this is a BIG accomplishment.

And now I'm going to treat myself for the rest of the day, fix myself a cup of hot tea and read my book in front of the fire because that is what I DO on my day off when it's too cold to go outside.

Having A great day here, hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment